Bike Week accelerates to North Valley
STAFF REPORT~ 3/21/2012
Cave Creek will be one of the most popular destinations for motorcycle enthusiasts from around the country as they make their way to the Valley to participate in Arizona Bike Week 2012.
The 16th annual event kicks off with pre-rally activities, beginning Friday through Tuesday with the main rally running through April 1.
The 8th annual Buddy Stubbs Bike Week Bash from noon – 9 p.m., Saturday is one of the kick-off events to the week at the 13850 North Cave Creek Road location.
Free to enter, the day’s events will include tours of the facility’s museum, live music from Loud House, RIG, Pete and the ShortCummings and Firehouse, food and drink specials as well as a bikini contest. One person in attendance will win a 2012 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200.
The Hideaway Grill, 6746 E. Cave Creek Road in Cave Creek, will be another prime location for riders. Established in 1998 by Arizona native Mark Bradshaw, the establishment has become a popular destination for riders from throughout the country.
Along with food and drinks The Hideaway will have something happening every day during the rally, including bike builder expos, an outdoor vendor fair and live entertainment.
According to Hideaway manager Rick Stahl, more than ten thousand bikers will make their way to Cave Creek for the event.
Two of the most popular festivities include the Hideaway and Broken Spoke Gypsy Tour, starting at 1 p.m. on March 30 and Customer Appreciation Day from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., on April 1.
The Gypsy Tour is led by Bradshaw and Ray Allen, owner of the Broken Spoke Saloon in Sturgis, South Dakota. Riders will leave from the Hideaway at 1 p.m. for an all-day tour that ends at WestWorld in Scottsdale, where riders can attend a 9 p.m. REO Speedwagon concert.
Customer Appreciation Day, featuring a crawfish boil, is one of Stahl’s favorite events of the rally. “We bring in fresh crawfish for the occasion. It is our way to recognize the locals on the last day of the rally,” he said. The day also includes lots of giveaways, live music and promotions throughout the day.
Hideaway events include:
- Friday, March 23 – The Hideaway Kick Off Party
- Saturday, March 24 – Support Our Troops Day
- Sunday, March 25 – Arizona Bike Builder’s Bask
- Monday, March 26 – Paul Yaffee’s Bagger Nation Day
- Tuesday, March 27 – Bourget’s Bike Works & Matt Risley Innovation Day
- Wednesday, March 28 – Sinister Industries Day and Arizona Bike Week Hero Party
- Thursday, March 29 – Trask Performance & Sinthium Custom Day
- Friday, March 30 – The Hideaway and Broken Spoke Gypsy Tour
- Saturday, March 31 - Cave Creek Day
- Sunday, April 1 – Customer Appreciation Day